Friday 18 January 2013

And it was the beginning. And it was the end.



Hey Hi Hello, All Ye What Visit Here,

Welcome - to my new blog, to my new head, and to my new approach to books!

As some of you may know, heading over from my youtube channel justkissmyfrog, I love, review, eat, over-buy, study and hoard BOOKS.

What was first a hobby turned in to an A-level, which soon turned into a half-hearted degree choice (I started my degree doing joint honours English Lit & Fine Art), which turned into a full blown besotted state of obsession, which turned into a Masters degree in English Literature at Warwick University, which turned into ...

... well, I guess that's the point.

The next stage is yet to unravel - in March I will finish my lectures for the year, and by September I will have submitted my final Masters assignment. *awkward*
 - only awkward if you take a peek at UK employment rates at the moment, and the percentage of those in jobs with humanities degrees, and the percentage of those employees who actually enjoy their jobs.
Despite this, the optimistic (and some of you may wonder clinically unstable) part of my heart feels relatively unphased by the hear-say, and looks forward to applying for 'grown-up' jobs this September.

Anyway, besides and in light of this new horison of steel everyone seems to think I am looking at, I have decided to focus my attentions on actually making use of the skills (and otherwise) I have been hoarding in the hamster cheeks of my graduate mind up until this point. I would like to take books seriously.

That I haven't been up until this point is a topic for another post. But what I will say is that I emerge into the light of this new world of responsibility, still absolutely loving books - which is more than can be said for some of my lovely but absolutely exhausted peers!

So here it is ... 

Welcome to this space in which I will be reviewing every book I read from here on out, talking about new releases, sharing with you my thoughts and sometimes every photography (see above) about everything bibliophile drizzled.

If you succeed in enjoying this blog, please share it with other people who might, comment below with your thoughts and also don't forget to pop on to the sister channel to this blog for a book brothel of a visual calibre!

No comments:

Post a Comment